Bilingual Customer Experience Analyst
Who We Are
RockAuto is a family-run online retailer founded in Madison, WI with two goals in mind. The first was to make car repair less mysterious by giving each customer the information to find the right part for the right job. The second was to make those parts affordable, and accessible, to every corner of the globe. In 20+ years of operation, a resourceful and motivated customer-facing staff have put RockAuto closer to those goals than any other auto parts store has ever been.
This is where we hope you enter the picture: RockAuto is seeking our next Bilingual Customer Experience Analyst to help us the rest of the way to those objectives.
RockAuto Bilingual Customer Experience Analysts play a pair of important roles. The primary assignment is deploying foreign language skills, in conjunction with RockAuto's in-house technology, to respond to customer inquiries via email and telephone. But you won't just answer current questions; you'll identify trending inefficiencies, propose process improvements, and sculpt RockAuto systems to prevent future concerns. You'll also apply your language abilities to translate catalog content and marketing material, providing a welcoming online experience to our customers everywhere.
You must be able to work from our Madison, WI office and have the ability to work for any US employer without visa sponsorship. Full-time Bilingual Customer Experience Analysts must be available to work 40 hours per week, with current start time availability at either 7am or 9am.
- A bachelor’s degree or current enrollment in a bachelor’s degree program
- Fluency in a foreign language, like Spanish, French, and/or German (as well as English)
- A demonstrable commitment not just to serve "customers" generically, but to simplify thorny issues for mechanics and do-it-yourselfers alike, to sense the direction their interests are moving, and to stay ahead of an evolving e-commerce landscape
- A well-developed problem-solving approach: scoping a problem, understanding its background, considering alternatives, testing them quantitatively, and driving the right one to its implementation
- A functional knowledge of computer systems – or a clear history of acquiring new technical skills rapidly – whether with commercial software or proprietary tools
- Enthusiasm for single-handedly identifying a problem and leveraging successes to tackle the next one
- An aptitude for bridging gaps between car lingo and the experiences of even the most novice car owner (automotive knowledge is a definite plus, but Analysts are more of catalog or brand liaisons than a mechanic that dispenses technical advice)
Strategic and visible impact. Our reputation and profitability depend on how our entire staff engages with customers. No RockAuto employee hides behind "I'm not customer-facing", and this is especially true of our bilingual staff.
Strong growth, unique business model. RockAuto has posted 20 years of double-digit sales growth. Our catalog is straightforward and compelling, which is why our site visits-to-sales conversion rate leads the industry. We deliver on what our catalog promises – with a quality and efficiency competitors struggle to match. RockAuto Analysts are genuine e-commerce trailblazers.
Career building. Those who do well at RockAuto enjoy shouldering a variety of responsibilities and confronting obstacles with a detail-oriented energy. Our Analysts have access to most of the same resources as our most senior staff; we empower everyone to use whatever tactic it takes to propel a solution forward. "Sorry, this is just an inbound call center" are words that never cross an Analyst's lips.
Open, friendly environment. With a stake in the bottom line, every RockAuto employee is encouraged to collaborate, without the constraints (or cubicles) that stifle client service at other businesses. Our flat structure promotes transparency, enabling near-constant implementation of employees' creative output. Silo-like hierarchies and layers of "manager approval" do not exist at RockAuto – YOU seize the opportunities to push the competition further into the rearview!
Excellent compensation. RockAuto offers competitive compensation: the wage for Bilingual Customer Experience Analysts starts at $24/hour. We also offer overtime pay for all positions, a generous allowance of paid holidays / personal time off, affordable health insurance, a Simplified Employee Pension for employees with qualifying tenure, and a tradition of rewarding individual results by sharing the fruits of company success.
Madison, WI is a great place to live. Madison is uniquely centered on an isthmus between two beautiful lakes. It is consistently ranked one of the best places to live in the US. Both a capital city and an award-winning college town, Madison provides diverse housing choices, excellent schools, and a plethora of entertainment/recreational activities (even in winter!).
How to Apply
Email a cover letter and resume in PDF format to HR@RockAuto.com. In your cover letter please explain why your background and experience would make you an ideal fit for the RockAuto Bilingual Customer Experience Analyst position, and include your GPA (if not listed on your resume). Applications that exclude a cover letter will NOT be considered.