Chemical Biology and Physiology Summer Undergraduate Research Program (CBP-SURP)
We are excited to announce the 4th annual Chemical Biology and Physiology Summer Undergraduate Research Program (CBP-SURP). CBP-SURP is a 9- week program designed to provide undergraduates research opportunities at the interface of chemistry, biology and physiology in the health sciences. A major goal of this program is to engage students in state-of the-art techniques in chemical biology, and how strategies in chemical biology can be used to interrogate cell signaling, protein function, and identify potential therapeutic targets.
In addition to daily research activities, students will also participate in:
1. Journal talks
2. An oral presentation followed by a reception
3. Seminars on scientific and professional development
4. Social and culture events
1. Be currently enrolled in college
2. Major in chemistry, biochemistry, or related fields
3. Have completed at least four semesters or six quarters of undergraduate study
4. Have a desire to pursue a PhD in chemical biology and physiology or related field
5. Must participate in the entirety of the program
The 2020 program will run from June 29 through August 28, 2020, with some flexibility to accommodate individual schedules. Participants will receive a stipend of $4,000 for the summer to cover travel, accommodations and incidental expenses. Assistance arranging housing is available if needed. To apply, please submit the following (pdf format) to email@example.com by 5pm on 08 March 2020.
1. Curriculum vitae
2. Personal statement: a brief description (1 page) of your most meaningful research experience and future career goals.
3. A list of three participating faculty members with a short paragraph describing your interests in their lab http://www.ohsu.edu/cpb
4. Copy of college transcript
5. 2 reference letters from faculty members (sent separately)