Office Manager/Project Coordinator Opening in Washington, DC
Small consulting office seeks energetic office manager/project coordinator to join our Washington, DC office. Background and/or interest in natural resource management, energy, and/or environmental issues strongly preferred. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and has great initiative, can accomplish tasks quickly, and who can successfully balance working as part of a team with working well independently. Successful applicants will also have strong written and oral communication skills. Requires high quality attention to detail, initiative, and excellent organizational skills. Areas of responsibility include general staff support/maintaining office operations; managing staffing schedules; providing administrative/financial, project management, and research services support; assisting with writing and proofreading materials and finding and developing visuals/graphics; assisting with meeting planning and note-taking; providing project support to office staff; as well as office manager tasks such as ordering supplies, coordinating scheduling and team activities, and upkeep of office equipment.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Strong candidates will ideally have two to three years of experience, but recent graduates will also be considered. A Bachelor’s Degree and demonstrated interest in environmental issues, natural resource management, and/or energy is strongly preferred.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously is a must
· Ability to be flexible and resourceful and handle pressure/tight deadlines gracefully
· Ability to interact and perform in a team-based environment
· Strong writing skills
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver
· Charts, graphs and visuals assistance a plus
· Experience or interest in webinar technology (e.g. Adobe Connect)
· Experience or interest in graphic design
· Experience or interest in social media
TO APPLY: Please e-mail a resume and cover letter with the subject “Washington DC Office Manager/Project Coordinator.” We ask that you do not call or email staff directly. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.