Global Campaigns Intern
Ashoka’s global campaigns team is looking for energetic and creative interns to support research, content creation, product development, and movement building. Join our global team and lead the Everyone a Changemaker Movement with us!
We are looking for storytelling interns to help us develop stories, products, and experiences that highlight changemakers across Ashoka's global network.
The intern is expected to be available no more than 20 hours a week.
ABOUT OUR TEAM
Ashoka’s Global Campaigns Team builds strategic capacity across the organization, spreading Ashoka's "Everyone a Changemaker" message & mission across the globe. The Campaigns team develops and curates materials for our global fundraising, including multiple direct-mail giving appeals and in support of other teams internally. Our campaign development is the core of the marketing carried out by Ashoka team across the organization.
Our team is looking for self-driven and creative interns to support content creation, product development, and movement building. Join our global team and lead the Everyone a Changemaker Movement with us!
UNDERGRADUATE INTERNSHIP AND GAP YEAR OPPORTUNITIES
Below is a list possible projects based on your unique skillset and team priorities.
Storytelling and Design:
- Produce stories of changemakers in the Ashoka network through interviews, written stories, videos, or other creative means. (ex. longform articles, children’s books, videos, and podcasts).
- Collaborate with different teams to convey the Everyone A Changemaker message to different audiences.
- Creating compelling content, built around Ashoka's mission and narrative, matching Ashoka's unique style of our vision and mission. Last-leg campaign production support, including some design, copy-editing, and pre-press.
- Research and writing of up-to-date Fellows profiles & themes integral to the development of materials used across the organization.
- Co-develop products and tools for target audiences with the Everyone A Changemaker message.
- Research, identify, and help approach potential partners and funding opportunities in the US and globally.
- Help craft, edit, and revise pitches, proposals, guides, and handouts for internal and external communication.
- Support administrative tasks for institutional growth, such as documentation, content management, and copy-editing.
Ashoka recognizes the vital role volunteers and interns play in our work. Volunteers and Interns offer a fresh perspective, new ideas, and creative insight that advance organizational growth. As such, internships with our team are fluid and dynamic. Our team can craft roles and responsibilities based on your skillset, social interests, and professional goals.
- Freedom, mentorship, and encouragement to learn new skills and grow as a young professional in the social impact sector
- The flexibility to craft your own experience, set goals for your professional and personal development, and be a co-leader of our Everyone a Changemaker Movement
- Space to creatively undertake cross-cutting projects, experiment with new ways of thinking and working, and create tangible work products
- Opportunities to meet global team members, Fellows, and partners to learn more about Ashoka’s array of programs and offerings
- Invites to attend virtual seminars and events hosted by Ashoka staff, changemakers, and Fellows from all around the world.
Ashoka team members are entrepreneurial individuals who are willing and able to work in a number of different capacities. Read our staff hiring criteria here. If this describes 70% or more of you below, apply now!
You are a:
- Ambitious storyteller with a love of writing, art, graphic design, or photography
- Intrapreneur eager to navigate ambiguity and experiment with new ways of thinking and doing. You are able to identify needs and take initiative.
- Creative thinker who is eager to gain meaningful experience in the social impact sector and sees the importance of young people in shaping today’s world
- Problem-solver with a strong ethical fiber and entrepreneurial drive, eager to build a world where everyone has their power to create positive change for the good of all
- Team-player who values accountability, flexibility, open communication, and time management. You can work both independently and alongside fluid and collaborative teams.
Highly valued skills:
- Proficiency in English and exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in any other language is highly valued (but is not mandatory)
- Prior internship volunteer, or coursework experience in the social impact sector (but is not mandatory)