Sr. Manager, Demand Generation and Organic Social Media (NAT3746)
Potential Work Locations: FLEXIBLE - Society Office Based
Are you ready to build a rewarding career making a real impact, changing the world for people living with MS?
To realize our vision we need innovative, collaborative individuals who are motivated by hitting goals and are willing to do what it takes to get the job done. As a Society team member, you will work with urgency and relentless resolve so people with MS can live their best lives.
Does this sound like you? If so, take action now.
Do life changing work.
Lead the Society's demand generation and inbound/outbound marketing program by creating buzz and orchestrating multi-channel marketing programs that drive demand and revenue. Campaigns include revenue-generating strategies for the Society's core event programs as well as individual giving campaigns such as Giving Tuesday and Year-End Giving and always-on campaigns.
Lead internal staff, agency partners, and collaborate with others across the organization to influence Society's integrated marketing efforts to ensure strategic investment of marketing and media funds. Lead the organic social media team in planning, implementing, managing and monitoring the Society's organic social media strategy in order to increase brand awareness, improve marketing efforts and increase engagement with the Society's products, services, programs and events.
Digital and Social Media Strategy (40%)
- Develop, maintain, and execute demand generation plans aligned with business goals.
- Develop a deep understanding of customers, products and the buyer's journey.
- Grow distribution across all channels, not just owned channels. Must be skilled in content creation supported by SEO/SEM optimization and PPC strategy.
- Ensure that content reaches the right part of the sales funnel at the right time.
- Collaborate with growth and acquisition leader and other teams and marketing to build programs that support growth and lead generation.
- Leverage marketing automation and lead management to support growth while streamlining, automating and measuring key digital advertising workflows.
- Measure, analyze, and report campaign performance.
- With marketing leadership, develop and document an organic social media strategy that enables the Society to grow and evolve its organic channels. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Deliberate planning, strategy and goal setting
- Development of brand awareness and online reputation
- Content management (including website)
- SEO (search engine optimization) and generation of inbound traffic
- Cultivation of leads and sales
- Reputation management
- Develop and continually improve Society organic and digital media strategy, best practices and policies.
- Define most important social media KPIs
- Manage and oversee social media content, measure the success of all social media campaigns
- Leverage opportunities to apply online advertising in new ways
Reporting and Analysis (30%)
- Monitor and report on campaign performance and multi-attribution across relevant KPIs, including but not limited to impressions, clicks, web visitors, video views, collateral downloads, leads, initial sales conversations, and revenue
- Create impactful nurture programs to improve conversion rates from leads to opportunities
- Work closely with analytics and growth and acquisition for both granular tracking, reporting, and efficient lead management in the handoff from marketing to development/corporate engagement.
- Track and identify key competitive digital initiatives, as well as overall digital "best practices" and innovations with intention of enhancing overall digital effectiveness and positive disruption where applicable
- Other duties as assigned
Staff Supervision (30%)
- Directly manages organic social and paid digital media staff to ensure an integrated and aligned organic and paid digital strategy.
- Responsible for the hiring, onboarding, and continued development of direct reports
- Conduct regular check-ins to monitor progress, provide feedback, and offer guidance and support where needed to ensure staff is fully supported in their role
- Ensures staff have the tools, knowledge, and resources necessary to perform job duties effectively as well as opportunities for professional development
- Coach and collaborate on goal-setting and professional development plans and conduct formal and informal performance conversations
- Hold staff accountable to the cultural values of the organization and ensure they follow Society operating principles
- Lead a high performing virtual team with trust, clarity, shared goals, and celebrated wins.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science
- 10 years of related experience will be accepted in lieu of a Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of email/SMS production and management experience that demonstrates quality performance
- Thorough knowledge of email and text message (SMS) marketing best practices and standards
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience leading an email/SMS production team, including direct supervision of staff
- Superior organizational, resource management, written and oral communication skills
- Must excel at working cross-functionally to prioritize and manage projects to managing through continuous improvement
- Strong analytical thinking, decision making, time management, and project management.
- Must be a self-starter who is a strong, motivational, and collaborative leader to initiate and bring multiple projects to fruition, including the proven ability to work with external vendors and across an organization.
- Must be a continual learner to stay abreast of changes in the digital technology and online marketing tools.
- Experience with enterprise-level email and SMS marketing tools particularly Blackbaud Luminate Online (formerly Convio), Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Social Studio, Ad Studio and Command Center.
- Strong relationship building and communication skills with the ability to build trust and motivate staff and volunteers to perform at their best in order to achieve strategic business outputs
- Ability to think through problems, make inclusive decisions, and lead others through complex situations
- Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
- Understanding of email coding best practices including optimization for mobile devices
- Ability to translate business and functional requirements into technical requirements
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users
- Ability to quickly learn new software feature enhancements and how they could be leveraged within the business