HSBC Commercial Banking Summer Internship 2021
Commercial Banking Internship
*** In order to be considered for this position you MUST apply to our external website and complete the assessments using the links below!!! Please only apply to ONE location! ***
Whether you’re a psychology student who understands what motivates people or a mathematician who loves number crunching, our Commercial Banking Internship provides the opportunity to explore how your skills can be adapted to working in an international bank.
For: Junior year undergraduates
Duration: 10 weeks
Areas: Commercial Banking
Start date: June 2021
We encourage you to apply for your program of choice as soon as possible as we recruit on a rolling basis and may close applications before the advertised date if all vacancies are filled.
On our competitively paid ten-week internship you will work in one of our Commercial Banking centers or support functions.
What you can expect
We are continuously looking for new ways to improve our business customer’s experience and we welcome your fresh perspective. You will work within a diverse team to exceed customer expectations and support their business’s growth. To ensure Commercial Banking is equipped for the present and future, we use new technology to help us to interact better with our clients. You will have the opportunity to learn about these technologies, how they benefit our business and how they are used in our product teams.
What you will do
This internship aims to give you an idea of where you could fit within our business. To help you explore your interests and gain confidence in your abilities, you will take a hands-on, customer-facing role, where you can learn about our international capabilities and the 1.4 million business customers our Commercial Bank serves. Whatever degree you are doing, you will be supported to find an area you can succeed in, gaining the skills that are necessary to make your mark.
Who does this suit?
We are looking for collaborative and dedicated people who are:
- Sociable net workers. From clients to colleagues, you can have an active social role, putting our business customers at the heart of what you do. You will form trusted relationships, working together to find the right solution for the right client
- Diverse thinkers. Bringing fresh ideas to the table will get you noticed in a dynamic and important area of our bank. With your energized, courageous, and proactive attitude, you can identify areas of improvement quickly and find better ways of developing them
- Curious learners. Showing the motivation to learn about our Commercial Bank and the products we offer is essential in helping you develop a career with us. You will strive to become a credible expert, helping people to trust your suggestions
- Team players. You will work alongside senior leaders and peers across an international network in order to connect businesses with opportunities. So, it is vital you bring a team-orientated attitude to your approach
What can this lead to?
If you excel here, you will be considered for our Commercial Banking Graduate Program, where you will not only gain exposure to international clients, but also delve deeper into the world of trade, client relations and business development.
- Minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA
- Must not require work authorization now or in future
- Must graduate by June 2022