Vendor Management Risk Intern
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Putting you first
As an intern, you will gain hands-on experience at a high-growth company that values its people. You’ll earn a competitive starting wage while absorbing a culture that emphasizes collaboration, entrepreneurial thinking and quick decision-making. Start doing the best work of your life here.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Vendor Management department is responsible for centrally supporting vendor selection, due diligence, contract negotiation, and vendor relationship management for the Bank. The department’s key activities include performing vendor due diligence risks for new and existing vendors. This position will be involved in overseeing and managing the Bank’s vendor relationships, facilitating the vendor’s risk review process, and reviewing vendor data in our vendor management system.
What you’ll do as a Vendor Management Risk Intern:
- Analyze vendor risk assessments, manage due diligence document collection, and help to oversee required ongoing monitoring efforts.
- Provide due diligence system support for risk assessment review activities.
- Participate in a variety of departmental projects and meetings.
- Prepare presentations and reports for departmental use.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with internal colleagues and business owners to support the department.
You could be a great fit if you:
- Are proficient with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Have an analytical mindset with the ability to be detailed when reviewing vendor documentation.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to effectively communicate and establish relationships with internal partners, build consensus, and able to deliver various types of messages to internal and external partners.
- Establish good peer relationships to solve problems and encourage collaboration.
- Are able to meet deadlines and expectations.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.