HSBC Commercial Banking Rising Junior Program 2021
Commercial Banking Rising Junior Program
*** In order to be considered for this position you MUST apply to our external website and complete the assessments using the links below!!! Please only apply to ONE location! ***
Whether you’re a psychology student who understands what motivates people or a mathematician who loves number crunching, our Commercial Banking Rising Junior Program provides the opportunity to explore how your skills can be adapted to working in an international bank.
For: Sophomore year undergraduates graduating in 2023
Duration: 6 weeks
Areas: Commercial Banking
Start date: June 2021
We encourage you to apply for your program of choice as soon as possible as we recruit on a rolling basis and may close applications before the advertised date if all vacancies are filled.
We offer an exciting 6-week long Rising Junior Program in our Commercial Banking division. You will need to be forward-thinking, driven, and perceptive, open to different ideas and cultures, and enjoy being part of a team. This program is an integral part of our diversity recruiting efforts geared towards Black, Hispanic, and Female college sophomores. HSBC is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workforces – all students are welcome to apply.
What you can expect
You will be given the opportunity to you will work within multiple business lines of the Commercial Bank, which include Relationship Management, Credit Management and Specialized Credits, International Subsidiary Banking, Digital Banking and Strategic Change, Commercial Banking Originations, and Global Trade and Receivables Finance. Through the 6-week rotational program, you will be introduced to several areas of the bank where you will be given introductions and training, participate in the shadowing of Relationship Managers, Credit Management, and Product Partners, as well as contribute to team meetings, complete case studies. You will be expected to deliver a final presentation in the final week of the program.
There are many planned and informal networking opportunities as well as social events, where you will be able to connect with Executives and Senior leaders of the organization. Given our commitment to social responsibility, there will be an organized volunteer event that is open for participation. You will constantly be challenged in the ever-changing world of Commercial Banking to learn about the products and services HSBC offers across our international network. At the end of your experience, you will know how HSBC works to use our global strengths to connect and service our commercial clients, meeting their needs across the developed and emerging markets.
You will have the opportunity to showcase your potential and skills and gain hands-on experience to launch a career at HSBC. We will support you in our values-led, high-performing culture, while our leaders will help you to be the best you can be, reflecting your interests and capabilities.
Who does this suit?
We are looking for collaborative and dedicated people who are:
- Sociable net workers. From clients to colleagues, you can have an active social role, putting our business customers at the heart of what you do. You will form trusted relationships, working together to find the right solution for the right client
- Diverse thinkers. Bringing fresh ideas to the table will get you noticed in a dynamic and important area of our bank. With your energized, courageous, and proactive attitude, you can identify areas of improvement quickly and find better ways of developing them
- Curious learners. Showing the motivation to learn about our Commercial Bank and the products we offer is essential in helping you develop a career with us. You will strive to become a credible expert, helping people to trust your suggestions
- Team players. You will work alongside senior leaders and peers across an international network in order to connect businesses with opportunities. So, it is vital you bring a team-orientated attitude to your approach
What can this lead to?
If you excel here, you will be considered for our Commercial Banking Internship Program, where you will not only gain exposure to international clients, but also delve deeper into the world of trade, client relations and business development.
- Minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA
- Must not require work authorization now or in future
- Must graduate by June 2023