Program District Assistant
SOUTH BAY WORKFORCE INVESTMENT BOARD, INC.
A Private Nonprofit Corporation, The is an equal opportunity employer.
Program District Assistant
The South Bay Workforce Investment Board, Inc. (SBWIB) is seeking a highly motivated individual to function as a liaison between subcontracted One-Stop/America Job Centers of California (AJCC) and the LA County GAIN Regions. The Liaison must understand the goals and objectives of the Transitional Subsidized Employment Program (TSE) and possess excellent motivational speaking skills with the ability to communicate to TSE participants how they can achieve their professional goals through employment. Liaisons must be able to assess the job-ready participants’ strongest skills and interests to facilitate a referral to the One-Stop/AJCCs for a Paid Work Experience (PWE) or On-the-Job Training (OJT) employer match. He/she must be able to work in a professional work setting with various levels of staff and be able to work independently or in a group setting.
This is a full-time position (40 hours/week) with a starting hourly wage of $23.49. Our Company has developed a comprehensive set of employee benefit programs to supplement our employees’ regular wages. Our benefit package represents a hidden value of additional income to our employees, which include a 65% health cost reimbursement (for employee only), sick and vacation time, holidays and a competitive 401k plan. All full-time employees are invited to participate in the company’s health benefits package after completing the 90-day employment introductory period (60 days for benefits).
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Public Administration, Social Science, Communications, or a related field;
- At least two (2) years of experience in the delivery of social service programs, job training and development, leadership and marketing(Experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.);
- Candidate must possess excellent verbal communication skills;
- A California Driver’s License and reliable transportation are required.
Essential Duties: Under the supervision of the GAIN Unit Manager (or designee), the Program District Assistant’s duties include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Assist LA County GAIN Regions in identifying job-ready participants for the Transitional Subsidized Employment (TSE) program.
- Interview participants to assess interest/qualification for TSE.
- Discuss with the participant his/her rights and responsibilities in TSE.
- Facilitate and complete participant referrals to the One-Stop/AJCCs for enrollment into the TSE program.
- Understand the general GAIN process and be able to address the participants’ questions/concerns
- Assess the participants’ skills, interest, goals, and determine if suitable to participate in PWE or OJT
- Coach the participants on appropriate work behavior, attire, interviewing techniques, etc.
- Assist the GAIN Region in completing necessary paperwork, participant resumes, flyers, group orientations/recruitments, etc.
- Follow-up with One-Stop/AJCCs for status updates on all participants referred by the region and prepare written report accordingly.
- Respond to incoming calls from participants, GAIN Region staff and outside agencies.
- Direct participant complaints/concerns about TSE worksites to the South Bay Workforce Investment Board for investigation and follow-up.
- Work closely with assigned One-Stop/AJCCs to ensure participants are placed or, appropriate actions are taken.
- Prepare and submit weekly reports as directed by Manager.
- Participate in routine LA County Regional Staff Meetings and SBWIB GAIN Unit meetings as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applying for this position connotes an understanding and acceptance of duty in light of potential exposure relating to COVID-19 as you will be required to interface with multiple team members and potentially visit numerous locations. Performing duties of this position will require you to often wear protective equipment as necessary (e.g. mask, gloves, etc.,) and follow company protective measures as enforced. Note: Measures may change based on level of safety concerns. You may also be required to spend the majority of the day walking, standing, sitting at a desk and traveling to other office locations, with some lifting and bending of standard office files and or equipment. Must have excellent time management skills, be able to work well under stress and meet deadlines. Must also have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance and must be able to travel to other locations for trainings, conferences and/or meetings within or outside our local area and occasionally statewide in which such travel may last one (1) or more days - if/as necessary.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Recruitment for this position will end upon receipt of a sufficient number of resumes. Only those applicants with the most relevant qualifications and knowledge will be invited to participate in the oral interview. No phone calls please.
The SBWIB, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, ancestry, religion, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
The SBWIB, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations. Therefore, applicants who may need reasonable accommodation or other assistance in relation to a disability or religion, at any point within the application process or thereafter if hired, should immediately inform SBWIB, Inc. by sending an email to email@example.com.