ASST. CLINICAL MTG-RN
Our 207 bed, acute care hospital offers a wide range of services and is part of an organization with 6 acute care facilities, over 11,000 team members and 400 volunteers. Join our team of highly regarded staff and receive an attractive salary and benefits package, including increased pay rates, exceptional education programs and opportunities for professional growth.
Our CARF Accredited Inpatient Rehab unit is ranked in the top 10% of Rehabs in the US. It has 18 beds and works with hip fractures, amputations, Parkinson’s, MS, multi-trauma, pelvic fractures, stroke cases, etc. Our average patient length of stay is 11/12 days and our unit utilizes latest technology such as Omnicell, Epic, and Mindray (for vitals), allowing our team to provide the best care possible to our patients. We have a family atmosphere and work closley together as an interdiciplinary team to get our patients up moving and back where they want to be. PTs, SLPs and OTs wear teal and RNs wear black - if we didn't have color coded scrubs, you may not be able to tell the difference. We work so well and close together, we call each other "one big happy family - Team Rehab"...apply to learn why we rock.
The Assistant Clinical Nurse Manager applies the management concepts of planning, organizing, directing and controlling to implement the clinical nursing program in defined area under direction of the Rehab Manager. Other responsibilities will be assigned as appropriate. Employees are encouraged to support Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System's involvement in the community we serve.
- Must have current SC Nursing License along with satisfactory completion of ACLS.
- 2 - 4 years of clinical experience
- Position Preferences:
- Management experience and expertise in a clinical area are preferred.
- Also customer service experience, fiscal experience and 2-4 years of nursing in a Rehab clinical setting preferred.
- Position responsibilities:
- Candidate must be able to assist the RN staff in providing the best evidence-based care for improving patient’s functional mobility and medical management.
- Developing, maintaining and implementing nursing policies and procedures to confirm to state and accreditation standards
- Evaluating the quality of care and effectiveness of care in the rehab setting.
- Developing and implementing ongoing education for the specific rehab population while using evidence based practice
- Promoting rehabilitation standards and values to help RN staff succeed in assisting patients to achieve functional goals and objectives to facilitate discharge to community.
- Ensuring RN staff is competent to provide family and patient education on disease processes and mobility/medical needs with return to home. Assisting RN staff in being active participates in family training and patient training
- Providing education on medication management, wound care/assessments, hourly rounding, AIDET, environment safety and transfer safety
- Ensuring all equipment on unit is up to date, adequately services and checked based on hospital and equipment standards
- Completing and assessing RN competency on an ongoing basis
- Participation in interdisciplinary team care, interdisciplinary team conference and PI programs
- Maintaining and adjusting staffing schedule as needed to meet the needs of the unit and patient volume
- Completing, accessing and providing ongoing education on CARF requirements
- Completing and evaluation on CARF required drills on an ongoing basis.
- Oversee and provide education to unit orientees, new staff and other members of the interdisciplinary team
- Participation in hospital wide programs and initiatives
- Remaining knowledgeable and up to date on DNV and CARF standards and ensure that process are in place to maintain standards on rehab unit
- Monitoring of RN care provided through chart review and documentation audits with education programs and process completed as needed
- Demonstrating excellent customer service with patients and families. Resolve issues as they occur and ensure patients/families on quality of care provided
- Assisting in staffing when volumes rise or when multiple admissions/discharges are present
- Completing concurrent chart auditing on a daily basis to ensure all education, MD orders are being completed and documentation timeframes are correct
- Rounding on patients on rehab unit daily to assist with concerns or praise staff on feedback provided
- Working cooperatively with physicians, therapy staff, outreach coordinators and all members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Assisting therapy director in departmental operations and other department duties based on department needs
- Spartanburg Regional offers a wide range of market competitive benefits and compensation. For our full-time associates, we provide the following (but not limited to) services and benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision plans
- Prescription Drug Plan and Employee Pharmacy
- Infertility and adoption benefits
- CarePlus Disease Management Program, Wellness, Rapid Weight Loss, Nicotine Cessation, Child Development, and Pampered Pregnancy Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Free On-Site Parking
- 401(k) Tax-Deferred Plans
- Paid-Time Off
- Discount and Purchase Programs
- Rewards & Recognition Program
- Relocation Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
We invite you to apply if you are seeking an opportunity to make a difference! Our long tenured team are hardworking, supportive, compassionate with excellent clinical skills. We enjoy partnering with patients and their families to impact care.