Global Market Development Intern – Marketing
The Global Market Development Internship position provides an opportunity for marketing students with a science or technical marketing background who are currently pursuing a product marketing, marketing business, or related Business/Marketing or science degree to get hands on experience working with Global Market Development Managers within the Molecular Biology Business. The marketing intern will contribute to the development and execution of marketing programs supporting multi-channel go-to-market strategies and tactics. The position starts in May or June, paid working 40 hours per week through August. Opportunity exists for this position to continue through the academic year on a part-time basis to allow for class schedules.
- Help create engaging customer-facing content including videos, webinars, application notes, and technical articles to gain awareness
- Help manage and drive demand to generate marketing qualified opportunities, (MQOs) for sales team lead nurture and conversion
- Provide support for product marketing life cycle management
- Be involved with the development, organization and execution of commercial team training across all regions
- Provide feedback on marketing collateral, effective marketing execution and marketing program and strategic planning
- Learn about molecular biology products and services through daily activities.
- Partner with product management and regional marketing to identify and develop market opportunities related to emerging applications for molecular biology products
- Specific tasks will be tailored to the technical marketing intern’s experience level and abilities
- A global market development intern works under the close supervision of global market development managers, product managers, technical sales specialists and regional marketing partners
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Desire to contribute and improve design of new and existing PCR reagents, enzymes, instrumentation and plastics
- Exceptional customer focus
- Desire to train sales teams about technology in area of expertise
- Familiarity with marketing channels and digital marketing platforms, (e.g. SEM, SEO, Social, Adobe Ad Cloud)
- Aptitude for creating effective marketing copy for collateral and multi-channel execution
- Pursuing a Masters Business Marketing or Science degree
- Previous Internship Experience
- Experience in tactical and digital marketing
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.