7-8th Grade Social Studies Teacher at Eagle County Charter Academy
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Plans instruction and assessment aligned with the Colorado Academic Standards. Supervises assigned students and maintains a positive learning environment. Adapt instruction to meet the individual learning needs of all students resulting in an increased probability of advancing their achievement. Primary professional efforts are directed toward the development and success of their individual professional goals and specifically towards instructional improvement and the development of expertise in all areas of instruction. Maintain positive inter-personal relationships with students, parents, staff, and community members.
Position Start Date: August 09, 2021
End Date: June 2, 2022
Days: Monday - Thursday 7:45 am - 3:45 pm
Pay range based on years of teaching: $44,200 - $56,374
SUPERVISED BY: School Principal/Assistant Principal
ESSENTIAL JOB ELEMENTS:
- Teach the Colorado Academic Standards for 7th and 8th grade social studies curriculum.
- Participate in group meetings focusing on student learning and individual growth goals/goals.
- Participate in the development and enhancement of a school-wide culture that promotes professional growth and student learning.
- Provide support and knowledge that inspires and encourages the professional growth of teachers at meetings and school-wide as resources are utilized for the enhancement of student learning.
- Contribute to the professional development of other teachers including but not limited to modeling the use and application of best practices, and peer support with lesson planning and designing consistent with state standards.
- Teach to an identified learning objective, presents content accurately, implements a variety of instructional strategies, checks frequently for student understanding, and monitors student progress.
- Adapt instruction to meet the learning needs of all students thus increasing the probability of advancing their achievement. Uses analytic tools to break down NWEA and PARCC/CMAS testing data to drive instruction.
- Promote and maintain student behavior expectations conducive to learning and maximizing learning time.
- Establish and demonstrate positive relations with students, parents, other staff members, and the community.
- Maintain an ongoing program of professional growth that meets school requirements and expectations and personal professional goals.
- Ensure the accuracy, completeness, confidentiality, and security of all student information.
- Comply with School policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.