Mechanical Systems Engineer
BAE Systems is seeking a full-time employee to be part of our Interface Coordination team working on the US and UK TRIDENT Submarine Strategic Weapon System and US Attack Weapon System programs. The selected candidate will work closely with numerous engineering teams supporting Strategic Systems Programs.
Our primary function is to ensure that all weapon system interface requirements are correctly defined and properly coordinated. This is achieved by performing technical change evaluations and interfacing with government and contractor activities to define Weapon System Coordinated Interfaces.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Have the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance
- Understand Systems Engineering principles.
- Understand Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- Experience working within a PLM Tool
- Understand basic engineering principles and experience with Interface Control/Design Drawings
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Demonstrated Self-Starter
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with others
- Excellent organizational, planning, and follow-up skills
- Proficient with PC and MS Office Suite
- Prior active duty Navy with a minimum of 10 years experience involving the Trident II program in lieu of engineering degree
- Understanding of requirements allocation and system architecture management
- Experience with various engineering tools/languages including PTC Windchill, IBM DOORS, 2D/3D CAD, SysML, JAVA
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Have an active DoD security clearance within the previous two years
- Systems Engineering Degree
- Experience working with modeling tools
- Understand detailed engineering principles and experience with Interface Control/Design Drawings