Administrative Coordinator - OTP Administrative Operations
The University at Buffalo Office of the President seeks to hire an experienced and highly responsible professional to serve as Administrative Coordinator. The incumbent organizes a wide range of administrative activities, office operations and search and event preparations in support of presidential priorities. The position requires accommodation of changing priorities, exercising flexibility and judgment. The nature of the issues the incumbent works with and the publics the incumbent deals with require that this individual be discreet, diplomatic, and sensitive to confidentiality.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Plan, organize and prioritize tasks from the chief of staff to the president, gathering information and researching information as needed in support of routine business and projects. Act as liaison for the chief of staff to the president with office staff, university departments and external constituents.
- Assist with the processing of incoming legal documents and queries directed to the president’s office, requiring calendaring, telephone contacts and information collection and transmittal.
- Assist with the coordination of logistics for leadership search meetings, visits and communications as needed.
- Assist with preparations and staffing for presidential and university events as needed.
- Oversee the intake and distribution of incoming communications and correspondence for the Office of the President, including review, referral, tracking, resolution and filing.
- Review and prepare for approval all university personnel documents requiring presidential signature.
- Assist the office of the president senior leadership group with a wide variety of administrative duties, including managing project-related logistics and communications.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 1 year of experience in administration. Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the proven ability to communicate clearly and respectfully with diverse populations. Ability to exercise excellent judgment, discretion, and make decisions in a timely and effective manner. Must be extremely well organized, detail-oriented, flexible and efficient. Ability to learn quickly, multi-task, and work comfortably in a team environment. Excellent problem-solving skills with proven ability to strategize and prioritize to meet goals and deadlines. Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.