Financial Analyst I
‘Express is a modern, versatile, dual-gender apparel and accessories brand that helps people get dressed for every day and any occasion. Launched in 1980 with the idea that style, quality and value should all be found in one place, Express has always been a brand of the now, offering some of the most important and enduring fashion trends. Express aims to create confidence and inspire self-expression through a design and merchandising view that brings forward the best of now for real-life versatility.’
In 2020, we launched a bold new strategy called the EXPRESSway Forward and our transformation is well underway. If you’re interested in the world of fashion retail and are ready to make your mark and cultivate your career, reach out and let’s talk. www.express.com
- The Financial Analyst I is responsible for various reports and conducting moderate financial analysis projects.
- May develop methodologies to determine the impact of initiatives on sales and profit, including statistically based analysis.
- Assists in the development of financial forecasts and budgets to support the ExpressWay Forward strategy to X-ccelerate Sales and Profitability.
- Prepare and analyze business reporting
- Perform business and profitability analysis and expense related analysis
- Assist with monthly budget & forecast meetings for various departments
- Assist in the development of annual and long-range plans
- Identify and recommend and implement process improvements
Other essential tasks may occur as directed by your supervisor
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or Economics, Advanced degree, CPA or MBA a plus
- Experience: Up to 2 years financial analysis experience a plus
Critical skills & Attributes
- Demonstrated analytical curiosity and strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-changing environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks
- Demonstrated leadership skills and strong interest in advancement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced PC proficiency including Microsoft Excel
REPORTS TO: Manager, Finance
As an equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
Notification to Agencies: Please note that Express does not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific requisition, Express will not consider or approve payment to any third-parties for hires made.