Social Worker for Youth and Families
Now offering a $2000 sign-on bonus!
The Social Worker for Youth and Families is part of a multi-disciplinary team of clinical professionals providing mental health services to children and their caregivers with a family systems approach. Specialty populations include foster and adopted children, those being raised by relatives, and children 0-5 population. The Social Worker will participate in the daily provision of services to clients within the program through assessment, diagnosing, direct mental health therapy and case management functions in a family systems, strength-based model. The Social Worker will provide therapy services at the program site and in the community, including hospitals, schools, and family homes.
Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing traditionally marginalized communities a network of outstanding mental health, community based, and educational services. We are committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages people of color to apply. Our programs are deeply engaged in conversations and trainings on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in order to bring equity and justice to the youth and families we serve.
- Promptly respond to referrals of children and adolescents who present with symptoms of psychiatric disorders.
- Complete assessment and evaluation process of assigned clients including obtaining consents for all aspects of treatment, obtaining relevant documents and meeting/speaking with various adults or professionals involved in the client’s life in order to develop and implement the treatment plan.
- Ability to work with 0-5 population or interest in attending certification training a plus!
- On cases that indicate a medical necessity for treatment, implement a case specific treatment plan in order to provide mental health services including individual, family and group therapy in addition to case management, linkage and consultation with community resources including schools and other providers.
- Maintain availability for crisis intervention services.
- Complete regular, timely reviews of all assigned cases.
- Comply with all requirements of child abuse reporting, Medi-Cal compliance and confidentiality in accordance with standards set by Seneca Family of Agencies.
- Assists with creating and updating assigned portions of electronic client files according to established procedures.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of client and business operations information.
- Conduct self in a manner reflecting credit on the agency and complies with agency policies and procedures as outlined by supervisors and administrators.
- Provide services at the program site and in the community, including hospitals, schools and family homes.
- Performs all other duties as necessary for the good of the agency as directed by supervisor or staff.
- Masters degree in social work, psychology, counseling, marriage and family therapy or similar field
- Eligible to register with the California BBS and maintain current registration/licensure at all times
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus!
- Direct work experience providing therapy based services to children, adolescents and families required
- Must have experience and understanding of the clinical diagnostic process and utilization of the DSM-IV
- Direct work experience and/or understanding of clinical issues pertaining to children in the child welfare system, adoption, relative care giving a plus!
- Experience working with trauma and attachment issues a plus!
- Competent in Medi-Cal documentation requirements
- Valid CA driver’s license and insurable under Seneca Family of Agencies insurance policy
- TB test clearance, fingerprinting clearance, and any other licensing or certification requirements
- Proof of Covid-19 fully vaccinated and boosted
- Full-time, Monday - Friday
- Flexible schedule required, with the ability to work some evening and weekend hours as needed
- 67,000 annually, commensurate with experience
- Additional compensation provided upon passing bilingual language proficiency exam
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and chiropractic coverage, as well as partially paid premiums for dependents
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- 5 weeks of flexible paid time off
- We provide a 403b retirement plan
- Excellent clinical training, individual and group supervision, and assistance toward licensure
Please apply to this position by clicking here!
Key Words: Social Worker, Mental Health, MFT, MSW, PCC, ASW, AMFT, APCC, LMFT, LCSW, LPCC, Therapist, Therapy, Social Work, Non-profit, Nonprofit, Youth, Advocate, Family, Children, Families, Behavioral Health, Healthcare, Mental Health Therapist