Support Counselor - Kaiser Wrap Oakland/Concord
Join a groundbreaking team that is pioneering the way for child and family mental health services! Seneca Family of Agencies has been a leading Wraparound provider in California for over 20 years, and our success in enhancing youth safety, permanency, and well-being has garnered the attention of healthcare networks such as Kaiser Permanente. We are excited to introduce a partnership between Kaiser and Seneca, where children and families can now access Seneca’s wraparound services through Kaiser’s network.
The Support Counselor in Wraparound services works on a multi-disciplinary team and provides behaviorally focused mental health services to children and families referred through our Kaiser Wrap Program. These services, which are child and family-focused and strength-based, are provided in the office and community, including, but not limited to schools, hospitals, and family homes within East Oakland, Richmond, Mt Diablo area, and Concord.
Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing traditionally marginalized communities a network of outstanding mental health, community-based, and educational services. We are committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages people of color to apply. Our programs are deeply engaged in conversations and trainings on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in order to bring equity and justice to the youth and families we serve.
- Provide behavioral coaching, counseling, skill building, case management, and crisis intervention services to clients and caregivers.
- Contribute to the development of treatment plans by working with clients to identify the function of their behavior/symptoms and effective replacement behaviors.
- Implement behavioral interventions to clients and caregivers.
- Provide on-call coverage to the program as scheduled.
- Participate in all program staff meetings, and other treatment meetings when necessary.
- Complete mental health notes, functional behavioral analyses, treatment plans, and other paperwork as indicated.
- Participate in weekly supervision with the Lead Clinician and/or Program Supervisor.
- Maintain accurate documentation and paperwork including but not limited to timesheets, petty cash, and mileage.
- Maintain professional behavior at all times, appropriately representing Seneca’s mission and philosophy.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid California driver's license and insurability with Seneca's automobile policy
- Clearance of TB test, fingerprints, and any other mandatory State/Federal licensing or certification requirements
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination and booster required
- Experience providing strong behavioral interventions with youth (preferably within a community based setting)
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work with a diverse population of clients
- Strong written and verbal skills, including solid computer skills in Microsoft Office programs
- Strong organizational skills as demonstrated by the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
- Full time
- Tuesday – Saturday
- Flexible schedule required, with the ability to work some evenings and weekend hours as needed
- Participate in On-Call Crisis Response on a rotating basis
- Starting at $20.25 per hour, additional compensation provided upon passing bilingual language proficiency exam
- Annual performance evaluations provide the potential for a generous salary increase each year
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and chiropractic coverage, as well as partially paid premiums for dependents
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- 4 weeks of flexible paid time off and 11 paid holidays
- We provide a 403b retirement plan
- Scholarship opportunities, ongoing training, and professional development opportunities