Property Management Specialist - The Bureau of Land Management
Bureau of Land Management Internship
Background: ABPA Institute, in partnership with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), is seeking a variety of Direct Hire Authority (DHA) Interns interested in 11-week paid internships in support of BLM. The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) is looking to engage the next generation of conservation stewards, while expanding their diversity and inclusion. The internships range across disciplines and specialties and all qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply!
Description: The property management specialist intern will assist a highly functional team with most aspects of property (personal and real) and fleet management. This will include receiving, disposal, record keeping, and administrative management of property on behalf of the Bureau of Land Management
Related Degree: Business/Business Management
All applicants must be:
- At least 18 years old at the start of the project.
- A U.S. Citizen.
- A current student of an associate's, bachelor's, master's or doctoral degree program at an accredited institution of higher education. (Must be enrolled in a degree-based program; certificate-based programs do not qualify. Students recently graduated from a qualifying degree program in/after December 2022 are eligible to apply.
- Available to provide a minimum of 11 full weeks of continuous service.
- Willing to submit to a government security background clearance and employment background check process.
- Able to meet the minimum qualifications listed for the position(s).
Start Date: June 2023 End Date: August 2023 Duration: 11-weeks
Compensation: $6,600.00. Housing is provided. Relocation travel expense is covered.
Compensation is dependent on education level (Undergraduate/Graduate). Relocation funds are provided to those who qualify. A valid driver's license, clean driving record, and ability to provide such documentation; a Driving Record check will be completed during the onboarding process. (Interns must be 21+ to drive agency vehicles); Ability to undergo a federal criminal history check.
Required Skills: *Effective oral and written communication skills *Precise attention to detail.
*Ability to function independently and with a team *Strong work ethic *High level of professionalism *Passion for public lands
Submit ONE PDF document which includes the following:
1. Cover Letter: Address the cover letter to "Dear BLM DHA-RAI Project Coordinator, ... ".
2. Federal Resume:
- Professional Experience: Details about the organizations where you worked including the name of the organization, the location, the dates of employment, position title, and a brief description of job duties. Avoid the use of acronyms.
- Education: List your education starting with your current or most recent experience first, and work backwards. Provide the name(s) of the accredited community college, college, or university where you are currently or were previously enrolled. Include the location of the school(s) (city, state), date of actual graduation or anticipated graduation (month, year), degree(s), and grade point average.
- Volunteer Experience: Include details about organizations where you volunteered if you have them, including the name of the organization, the location, the dates of volunteer work, position title if applicable, and a brief description of volunteer duties. Avoid the use of acronyms.
- Certifications or Licenses: Include any relevant certifications or licenses if you have them (OK if not applicable)
- Awards, Honors, Activities: Include grants and scholarships, academic honors, and educational and professional affiliations if you have them (OK if not applicable)
3. References: One of each type: professional, educational, and personal. Provide the full name, e-mail address and phone number for each reference. Mailing and physical addresses are not needed.
4. A copy of your unofficial transcripts: Unofficial transcripts should be from your current or most recent degree program. Official transcripts are not needed to apply.
BLM Information Session: https://youtu.be/tvRA4cZX_CY
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any further questions.